- Appellate Advocacy
- Cannabis Business Law
- Attorney Ethics
- Business & Corporate Law
- Civil Litigation
- Condominium Law
- Construction Litigation
- Criminal & Municipal Court
- Debt Collection
- Drunk Driving Defense (DWI/DUI)
- Internet Law
- Landlord – Tenant
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Real Estate
Bankruptcy Court Litigation
Our NJ bankruptcy litigation attorneys have substantial experience in handling complex litigation disputes in both New Jersey state courts and federal bankruptcy courts in Newark, Trenton, and Camden. Our in-depth knowledge of state and federal substantive and procedural laws enables our law firm to be an effective advocate for our clients who are facing litigation in the bankruptcy arena.
The types of litigation and other contested matters that our bankruptcy attorneys handle include:
- Claw back claims. Defending preference and fraudulent conveyance claims asserted by bankruptcy trustees and creditors’ committees in Chapter 7 & Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings. We frequently represent out-of-state companies who are sued by bankruptcy trustees in New Jersey for preference and fraudulent conveyance claims.
- Cash collateral use. Representing secured lenders in cash collateral hearings in Chapter 11 reorganization cases
- Lien avoidance. Defending lien avoidance actions brought by debtors and Chapter 7 trustees
- Automatic stay relief motions in Chapter 7, Chapter 11 & Chapter 13 bankruptcy cases on behalf of landlords and secured creditors, including banks and financial institutions
- Bad faith dismissal. Prosecuting and defending motions to dismiss bankruptcy cases filed in bad faith under Chapter 7, Chapter 11 & Chapter 13.
- Non-dischargeability litigation – claims of fraud. Prosecuting and defending fraud claims in bankruptcy court, including adversary proceedings objecting to discharge, and to declare debts non-dischargeable due to fraud
- Asset exemption disputes. Prosecuting and defending objections to exemptions claimed by the debtor in consumer bankruptcy cases filed under Chapter 7, Chapter 11 & Chapter 13.
- Divorce/matrimonial disputes. Litigating discharge of domestic support and equitable distribution obligations in Chapter 7, Chapter 11, and Chapter 13 bankruptcy cases.
NJ Bankruptcy Litigation Attorneys
Contact our experienced bankruptcy lawyers today to discuss your case. One of our lawyers will respond to your inquiry within 24 – 48 hours. For urgent matters, please contact us at (201) 498-0400.