In a precedential opinion, Baer v. U.S., the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit rejected the claims filed by defrauded investors of Bernard Madoff against the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), holding that the Federal Tort Claims Act shields the SEC from liability for an exercise of discretion, even if it is abused. The ... Read More.
- Tax Foreclosure Judgment Vacated Due To Trial Court’s Failure To Schedule Oral Argument
- Client Alert: New Medical Cannabis Licensing Rounds On The Horizon In NJ
- Round and round we go, and a promising industry is left to go nowhere fast
- Injunction Prohibiting Frivolous Lawsuit Filings in New Jersey
- Appeals Court Invalidates Employment Arbitration Agreement For Failure To Designate The Arbitration Forum And Process