In a precedential opinion, Baer v. U.S., the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit rejected the claims filed by defrauded investors of Bernard Madoff against the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), holding that the Federal Tort Claims Act shields the SEC from liability for an exercise of discretion, even if it is abused. The ... Read More.
- Round and round we go, and a promising industry is left to go nowhere fast
- Injunction Prohibiting Frivolous Lawsuit Filings in New Jersey
- Appeals Court Invalidates Employment Arbitration Agreement For Failure To Designate The Arbitration Forum And Process
- NJ Appellate Court Sounds Warning Bell to Lenders About Issuing Pre-Foreclosure Notices
- NJ Supreme Court Puts the Kaibash on Document Dumping in Pretrial Discovery